Thursday, February 28, 2013

Thursday 13... weeks late

If you don't know Carissa Lilly you're missing out.  She is great!  You should just go ahead and check out her blog.  Her Thursday 13 weeks ago was "13 things I like about myself".   She announced on the Wednesday before and  I was so excited to read them!   THEN she challenged us to do our own 13 things.... I was in.  Except when I started I came up with nothing.  THEN she emailed me!  Sheesh I could not escape! I was being asked to do this... and apparently I needed to.  I ignored the email for the weekend and tried so hard to come up with thirteen.  When nothing came to mind  I tried to email her back and get out of it saying "it's just too hard"  she didn't let me back out.  So here we go.....

  1. I love my sense of humor.  
  2. I love that I am about people. 
  3. I love my laugh.
  4. I love that I'm a dreamer.
  5. I love that I enjoy cooking and it isn't a chore.
  6. I love my blonde hair.  This doesn't come out of a bottle baby.
  7. I love that I know I'm not perfect and that it is okay.
  8. I love that I'm about the journey not the end product.  Just look at some of my crafts.  It is clearly about doing them and not about what they look like in the end. haha.
  9. I love that I am a crazy cleaner.  I don't do it often but when it happens it's  sandstorm and pure chaos.  I love that.
  10. I love that I am capable.
  11. I love that I am vulnerable. 
  12. I love that the Lord has my heart.
  13. I love my story.


Listen up!

I did NOT like this.  I don't know if it is my season in life but this was so incredibly hard.  I have started and stopped this at least 22 times.  I'm not kidding it took me 20 minutes to get past three... there have been 14 things in slot #3.  Maybe it is my season I'm in.  Maybe it is that we aren't supposed to "brag" and this felt like I was screaming look at me I'm great. Maybe I was scared that if I put it out there people wouldn't agree.    Maybe it was just satan.  Whatever "it" was I'm glad Carissa pushed me to do it.

What are your thirteen things?


1 comment:

Carissa said...

i have a strong feeling the people you "do life with" think your list could be much, much longer. so glad you did it. admit it, it was good for the soul! :)