Monday, February 25, 2013

85th Academy Awards

Last Monday I sent out a text out to get an idea to see if anyone would be interested in watching The Oscars.   The response:  people were interested.  So Lindsay, Erin and I hosted the first ever (to my knowledge) Oscar Party.  We decided to go all out!    Below are a few of the decorations.  We definitely  transformed the girls living room. 


Brian hooked us up with some AV stuff and took care of the technical set up. 

Meet our Oscar.  I love him!  Lindsay cut him out of installation foam board and then we spray painted him gold.  This was our photo booth for the night.  I mean really who doesn't love a picture with Oscar?

Or in Oscar.  haha

Listen you can't have an Oscar party without cocktail dresses.  It just doesn't seem right. 

Yep I cut my hair!
In order to keep people invested and not bored out of their minds we did Oscar ballots.  (I've never been so invested before in my life, haha).  Lindsay prepared some movie trivia for the red carpet time and again during the show.  It was rapid fire questions/cupcakes.  Answer a question right you got pelted with a cupcake.  Good times!  We also gave out a few other awards. 


And the winners are....

Fashionably Late.  Melaad and Gary Bailey were the last to arrive and therefore they tied for fashionably late.

Like a true celebrity Lindsay photo bombed Gary's winning moment.

Winner of the night, of course, went to Brian.  We all saw it coming.  He had the most correct guesses for winners for the evening. 

See you next year Academy. 

No comments: