Monday, October 7, 2013

The Leaves are Falling

After a long break from my blog I am attempting to write again.  The last post was a bit of a downer but truthful.  I settled into a season of processing my new life here in New York and took some time to write without posting.  Life is not perfect and I never want to give that impression on my blog but there are times where writing without posting is a necessity. 

Quick summer review:  Summer came and went.  Fast.  The days were long but the weeks were really short and I survived my first summer as a property staff wife.  I spent most of my days by the pool and hanging out with interns and of course being at camp each night.  We had some amazing assignment teams and the Lord was gracious to me for those friends.  The summer had some really hard parts.  My mom-maw lost her battle with breast cancer in June and I flew home to spend some much needed time with my family and Brian and I had to figure out a system for handling late nights and long days here during camping season. All in all it was a great summer but it felt good to close the summer out and mark off my first summer camping season.  


Fall settles in pretty quick around here and I have learned that summer is probably the shortest season in New York.  If the leaves on my deck are any indication we will not be in fall much longer either.  I kid you not I think I sweep it once a day.   September was fun for many reasons and our neighbor's and friend's wedding was most certainly one of them.  We headed to Richmond on the 21st to celebrate these two.  It was a honor to be a part of the festivities.  Brian was a groomsmen and I served as the grandparents during the rehearsal, haha.  Mostly I was just Brian's side kick! We loved celebrating them and we are very excited to have them here at camp with us.


Mr. and Mrs. Matthew Chocklett

We were also lucky enough that on the front end of our trip to Richmond we got to spend a week in West Virginia.  My heart was so happy!   It was our longest trip back since we got married and it came at a perfect time.  After the summer I definitely needed a little recharging and nothing does it quite like some time with my people!   BA stayed an extra day so that I could see her before she went back to school from the weekend. I was so thankful for that afternoon with her.  It was hard because I was keeping a secret from her but she made it out of town before I spilled the beans!  Shew!   It felt like normal life again shopping with Shelly, sitting and talking with Steph, working out twice with Stacy, and visiting my grandmother & grand-dad with my sister and the boys.  It was so good to be with family! I'm really excited because this year I'll get to go home a lot to celebrate babies and couples!   I just love the ease of these people and life together with them!   After our time away Brian and I settled back into fall here in NY and the nice lull of the fall season in camping.  Our weekends are full of work but our weekdays are finally on a normal 8-5 schedule.  It is refreshing.  We got to join a small group at our church and we are excited to get to know some people from the community (sort of) next to ours.  We are looking forward to our church plant that will shave 30 minutes off of our travel time and for the things the Lord is going to do through that.  

No comments: