Friday, January 4, 2013

Resolute

Res-o-lute (adj):  Admirably purposeful, determined, and unwavering.


New Year resolutions.  I have maybe made them 3 or 4 years.  I suck at them.  Really really really suck at them.  (Sorry dad I know you're mortified that I used that word.)  This year though I am doing three. I've fallen off my rocker! 


1. Scripture.  
As of late satan has been playing some tricks on me, he is sneaky like that.  So I resolute to replace the mind games he has me playing and replace them with scripture.  That means I need to read more, study more, and memorize more.  I resolute to memorize 24 verses this year.  (Thanks Beth Moore.)


"You crown the year with a bountiful harvest; even the hard pathways overflow with abundance" 
Psalm 65:11 NLT

2. Our House.
I resolute to finish decorating our house.  Rome wasn't built in a day neither was our house.  However, there are things that can be done that I am just not doing based on laziness.  I will craft, I will finish projects and I will get our master bedroom finished by the end of February.  Kitchen by the end of March.  Bathroom by May.  I will.  

3. Our Calendar.
I resolute to keep a family calendar.  It is weird and foreign to me.  I resolute I will keep better track of our travel schedules, and time.  This shouldn't be that hard right?  I dream of having color coded calendars like Bethany and Steph. Really I do. It seems to make the home run so much more smoothly. I'm going to tackle it now versus later. 


There you have it.  I will be admirably purposeful, determined, and unwavering in memorizing more scripture and getting our home in order.  Feel free to ask me about them anytime.  I may not answer, or I may confess that I completely forgot about finishing my bedroom, or I may gush at the glorious things that have happened since I started doing these - just be prepared for anything if you ask.  I want you to ask though. 

Happy New Year

1 comment:

Elizabeth Ann @ Elizabeth Ann's Recipe Box said...

I love the verse you chose for Beth Moore's Scripture team! :-)